Rady School Pinnacle of Excellence Awards Honor
Leaders in Entertainment, Business and Technology
October 23, 2006
|Robert S. Sullivan
The Rady School of Management at UC San Diego recently presented the inaugural Pinnacle of Excellence Awards in Leadership to recognize leaders in business, finance, entertainment, venture capital and technology. The honorees exemplify the Rady School’s values of excellence, innovation, collaboration, integrity and risk-taking.
“These honorees have made a difference in their particular industries because of their willingness to push the boundaries, using new techniques and technologies to change the way business is done,” said Rady School Dean Robert S. Sullivan.
Pinnacle of Excellence Award Categories and Winners:
The Founder Leadership Award is the most prestigious Pinnacle Award. This award is given to an individual whose life work and career exemplifies the Rady School's founding values.
- Recipient: Ernest S. Rady, Founder, American Assets, Inc., Director, Wachovia Corporation; Founder, Westcorp; President, Insurance Company of the West
The Technology Leadership Award honors an individual who has provided leadership in the field of technology, locally and globally. The honoree must be in a leadership position at a technology company with a strong commitment to the community, as well as to the industry they serve.
- Recipient: Hideki (Dick) Komiyama, Chairman, Sony Electronics, Inc., Senior General Manager, Sony Corporation for Global Sales & Marketing
The Business Leadership Award honors an individual whose career has exhibited long-term leadership at an organization. The honoree must have demonstrated integrity and the ability to overcome obstacles to reach personal and career goals. He or she must also show a strong commitment to the community.
- Recipient: Anne R. Nelson, Vice President, Business Affairs, CBS Entertainment
The Entertainment Leadership Award is presented to an individual, network, television show or movie that provides excellence in entertainment. Technology, collaboration and innovation are the impetus for this award.
- Recipients: “Cold Case”- Jerry Bruckheimer Productions, In Association with Warner Bros. Production Inc. and CBS Production Inc. and “The King of Queens”- Sony Pictures Television and CBS Productions
The Alumni Leadership Award is presented to UC San Diego or Rady School alumni whose careers demonstrate the values of the Rady School. A commitment to community and the university is central to the selection for this honoree. This honoree must have participated in a leadership role at the university after his or her graduation.
- Recipients: Ira Rubenstein, Executive Vice President, Sony Pictures Digital, UC San Diego Alumnus, 1987 and Leo S. Spiegel, Partner, Mission Ventures, UC San Diego Alumnus, 1983