Faculty Club Launches Membership Campaign
On Oct. 6, members got reacquainted with the Faculty Club at the inaugural "Thirsty Thursday" event featuring live music by the Brown Sugar Blues band. Photo/Erik Jepsen
As part of a new membership campaign launched this fall, university faculty are urged to experience the UC San Diego Faculty Club at no cost. The Faculty Club—the hub of the UC San Diego campus—offers a retreat for friends and colleagues to meet over coffee, lunch or Thursday evening happy hours; special events such as theme dinners, celebrations and holiday brunches; and a venue for lectures and meetings.
The Faculty Club is currently offering a free trial membership to faculty that includes:
- No initiation fee until the end of January 2012
- No monthly dues until the end of January 2012
The Club is open Monday through Friday from 8 to10 a.m. for coffee, and the lunch buffet is offered from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Club Lounge is open on Thursday afternoons from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. for a glass of wine or snack, and the art gallery in the Faculty Club lobby showcases the best in creative work from UC San Diego staff, scholars and community supporters.
Member benefits include:
- Parking: 50 reserved parking spaces (for a fee) for members and their guests while they are having lunch at the club or attending a function.
- Events: Franz Liszt and Cecil Lytle invite all members for a Saturday, Oct. 29 performance of “Mephisto Waltz”. The costume event begins at 6 p.m. with cocktails followed by a concert and dinner.
- Discounts: Members save on Faculty Club room rentals for their personal, business and social events.
- Reciprocity: Members receive Association of Colleges and University Clubs privileges at nearly 100 clubs worldwide, several with overnight accommodations.
Prospective Faculty Club members must activate their free trial membership before January 31, 2012. For more information, visit the front desk of the Faculty Club weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., or go online at http://facclub.ucsd.edu.