Faculty Club Celebrates Staff with April Membership Promotion
UC San Diego Faculty Club
April is staff appreciation month at UC San Diego’s Faculty Club, and the venue is featuring promotional enticements to bring staff members and administrative professionals into the club and encourage them to join.
“Anytime during the month of April, as we celebrate our UC San Diego staff members, we invite all to come to lunch, even if they aren’t members, to experience the Faculty Club.” said club executive director Tom Mignano. “The club is the best place to have a business or social lunch on campus—for less than $10.”
The Faculty Club—the hub of the UC San Diego campus—offers a retreat for friends and colleagues to meet over coffee or lunch; special events such as wine dinners, celebrations and holiday brunches; and a venue for special programs, author dinners, lectures and more.
Debbie McGraw, assistant vice chancellor in Academic Affairs, has been a member of the Faculty Club since it opened in 1988. “I love the lunch at the Faculty Club,” said McGraw. “The food is excellent and I like the relaxed ambiance.”
“The buffet is great. You get in and out quickly, parking is easy and there are healthy food choices,” added Janet Howard, director of internal communications in University Communications and Public Affairs, who joined the Faculty Club about six years ago.
As part of the monthlong initiative that runs April 1 to 30, all UC San Diego staff members are invited to take advantage of these Faculty Club specials:
- Eat lunch anytime in the Faculty Club for $8.50; just show a valid UC San Diego employee ID card.
- Become a Faculty Club member at a reduced initiation fee of only $50 (a savings of $150—the regular one-time membership initiation fee is $200). Monthly dues are just $14; dues will begin May 1, 2012 and can be paid via UC San Diego payroll deduction.
“Celebrity” ice cream scoopers Suzi Sterner (left) from Alumni Affairs and Lynda Claassen from the Libraries.
The Faculty Club is open Monday through Friday from 8 to10 a.m. for complimentary coffee, and the lunch buffet is offered from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. In addition, the art gallery in the Faculty Club lobby showcases the best in creative work from UC San Diego staff, scholars and community supporters.
Additional member benefits include:
· Parking: 50 reserved parking spaces (for a fee) for members and their guests while they are having lunch at the club or attending a function.
· Club Events: There is a variety of special events, programs and speakers throughout the year.
· Member Discounts: Save on Faculty Club room rentals for personal, business and social events.
· Reciprocity: Members receive Association of Colleges and University Clubs privileges at nearly 100 clubs worldwide, several with overnight accommodations.
Staff members who want to take advantage of the Faculty Club April membership promotion can complete the online application at http://facclub.ucsd.edu/mod_Members/MembershipApp.html and drop it by the front desk of the Faculty Club weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Memberships will be activated immediately. Learn more about the UC San Diego Faculty Club at http://facclub.ucsd.edu or visit the UCSD Faculty Club Facebook page.