Now Open: Amazon@UCSanDiego
Wish you could pick up that thing you ordered from Amazon on campus, instead of waiting until you get home? Now you can! Amazon@UCSanDiego is open for business. The fully staffed pickup point inside the UC San Diego Bookstore offers the campus community and area residents a convenient and secure location to pick up and return Amazon orders.
UC San Diego is the first higher education institution in the region to have an Amazon pickup point located on campus, and one of just 17 in the nation. Amazon@UCSanDiego represents a new collaboration between Amazon and UC San Diego.
“Having the Amazon pickup point in the bookstore is an opportunity for us to leverage the extra traffic we’re already seeing,” said Tom Bonetati, director of the UC San Diego Bookstore. “Because Amazon offers such great value, this will also create an environment in the bookstore that drives us to be a better retailer—finding better products at better prices, offering unique services and providing an exceptional customer experience.”
Thanks to social media and word-of-mouth, students quickly learned about Amazon@UCSanDiego. Brianne Go, who regularly orders from Amazon, noted, “I think their whole policy is really good, how you can order something before a certain time, you can literally get it the next day. And the return policy is really good, too.”
Student Emilya Ventriglia likes the location. “I can stop by before class and do any errands I need to do, like return or pick up any items,” she explained.
The 2,800-square-foot space is strategically located on the first floor of the UC San Diego Bookstore, just off of Price Center Plaza. This location offers:
- A secure, convenient place for faculty, staff and students to retrieve Amazon packages.
- Easy returns for Amazon orders. Use the self-service return station to print a return label, box up and ship back your items.
- Free same-day pickup on millions of items for Amazon Prime and Prime Student Members. Order by noon, pickup by 6 p.m. Just select Amazon@UCSanDiego as your shipping destination when ordering.
- On-site customer service and longer package hold duration (up to 15 days at this location).
- Convenient hours: 9 a.m.-9 p.m. weekdays and 12 p.m.-9p.m. weekends. Hours are subject to change during the summer and school holidays.
To take advantage of these Amazon@UCSanDiego benefits:
- Visit http://ucsd.amazon.com and click Activate Your Benefits.
- Add Amazon@UCSanDiego to your address book so you can ship to
the new pickup location. Anyone can ship their Amazon orders to Amazon@UCSanDiego.
“The Amazon partnership is a reinvention of the traditional bookstore that we will continue to innovate and change to fulfill our mission of adding value to our community through our products and services,” Bonetati said.
UC San Diego anticipates announcing even more services with an additional positive impact to our campus community. Stay tuned!